Having first invented the original hardware based SCSI toolbox in 1990, then converting it to a versatile software-based product that has been sold for over two decades, SCSI Toolbox LLC has been formed to return to the original goal of the product – that of serving the customer’s changing needs in a proven and timely fashion.
Having an installed base that includes the world-wide field service organizations of StorageTek, Hewlett-Packard, and MTI means the SCSItoolbox is the proven SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, and iSCSI test solution that can be counted on. And our years of product additions, modifications, and improvements means that you can count on SCSI Toolbox to meet your testing needs as the industry evolves.
Thousands of users in the tape, jukebox, optical, solid-state storage, as well as the hard disk drive industry means that when your business depends on a field-proven test solution, you can count on SCSI Toolbox.
From simple to use disk utilities like Dr. SCSI, the SCSItoolbox, Disk Manufacturing and Screening Module, Tape Manufacturing and Screening Module, Bus Reset Tool, Bus Analyzer Module, ScriptWriterPro, Developer Toolbox (API’s) to custom end-user utilities OEM’d by major peripheral manufacturers, SCSI Toolbox can meet all of your peripheral testing needs.
STB’s diverse product offerings range from entry-level to expert-level software. Our products are designed to dramatically reduce the time engineers and technicians spend prepping and programming disk, tape and optical drives, by offering the quickest, most effective solutions for troubleshooting drive problems. Our products include support for Windows, Linux and our Develop API’s include support for Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C, C++, C#, and .NET Development as well as support for Linux.
The company’s flagship product, the SCSItoolbox32 now the STB Suite, is used at thousands of sites worldwide! The STB Suite includes the following product modules and utilities:
- STB Suite, The industry’s most advanced and widely used testing suite. In use world-wide since 1992, the SCSItoolbox encompasses every tool that you need to test, troubleshoot, configure, and diagnose any SCSI, Fibre Channel (FC), iSCSI, SATA, ATAPI, or SAS device.
- Developer Toolbox (DTB – API’s), uses our proven interface to access SATA, SAS, SCSI, Fibre Channel, or ATAPI devices from Visual Basic (VB) or C++ running on all 32 and 64bit versions of Windows. Linux support using shared library.
- Disk Manufacturing Module (DMM), is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest disk testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening software based testing solution.
- Tape Manufacturing Module (TMM), is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest tape testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening software package.
- Bus Analyzer Module (BAM), is a software BUS analyzer that can capture, display, and analyze trace data from any peripheral bus, including SCSI, Fibre Channel, IDE, ATA, SATA, and SAS. BAM offers complete versatility as far as choice of phases that are captured and displayed, capture modes to minimize I/O impact, buffer size and capture size, and device(s) to capture trace data from.
- Bus Reset Tool (BRT), which gives you access to a variety of methods to issue bus resets to any peripheral bus accessible to the SCSItoolbox.
- ATA Task Register Commands, has the ability to issue any task register ATA command to any ATA/SATA storage device. This allows test scenarios that include ATA commands that are not implemented in ATAPI such as retrieving SMART data, ATA IDENTIFY data, SEEK, SET MAX ADDRESS, and more.
SCSI Toolbox, LLC also specializes in the development of custom solutions and OEM software for the SCSI, SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel peripheral market. STB’s deep-rooted belief in adapting products for an ever-changing market is reflected in our ongoing commitment to research and development.
If you would like to stay informed of the latest storage and peripheral testing news and information, we invite you to be our guest and enjoy a free subscription to our newsletter. If you have questions about how the STB Suite can be used in your testing or how SCSI Toolbox can help you please contact us today!