SCSItoolbox saves the day!
A customer of one of our customers had valuable data on a disk drive that had been used in a RAID. The disk was formatted with 520 byte sectors, and needed to be transferred block-by-block to a 512 byte sector drive for data recovery, since the drive was in the process of failing. Could the SCSItoolbox do this?
No, not at first. The media duplication routines in SCSItoolbox require the source and destination drives to be the same block size. But, it could easily be done using Developer Toolbox. In about two days we wrote a “custom” media duplication solution that enabled our customer to save the data!
“Why two days”, you ask? Because the first pass at the program worked, but not very well. The second day we tweaked the performance up to a usable level.
We not only provided a custom application to our customer, but they also got the source and project code so they can tweak it to their hearts delight.
Do you need something special? Give us a call – what have you got to lose?
Did you know… (right-clicking for common commands)
That common commands are available by right-clicking on any device in the device display? For example, right-click on a disk drive and choose from these quick commands:
Save some time and mouse movements with right-clicking!
What’s in a Corporate License?
Have you been using the Toolbox for years? Have you considered the benefits of standardizing on the SCSItoolbox Suite within your organization?
Here is a breakdown of the Corporate License from SCSI Toolbox.
- You get years of test tool experience at your fingertips – our products have been thestandard since 1992
- The full STB Suite increases productivity throughout a company, in departments like
- Test tools development teams
- Manufacturing test
- Long-term test
- Customer and OEM support
- Returns/problem identification
- And more!
- You get peace of mind using tools that have been market-proven for 15 years
- All storage interfaces are included – SCSI, FC, SAS, SATA, ATA, iSCSI
- You get an inclusive full spectrum of tools, from test development toolsets, bus and trace capture and analysis for all protocols, interactive applications, and customized manufacturing test tools. It is all included.
- Every employee in your company can use any and all of the tools that make up the STB Suite
- Customization hours available each year
- Your support requests are treated with the upmost priority
- At a price-point that can’t be ignored
Call us today and let us prepare a custom proposal to fit your company needs.
Ask Dr. SCSI – “I need to copy data from a 520-byte per sector disk to a 512-byte per sector disk. I don’t care about the difference in block size – I’m willing to throw out the last 8 bytes of each sector on the source drive. How can I do this?”
Q. “I need to copy data from a 520-byte per sector disk to a 512-byte per sector disk. I don’t care about the difference in block size – I’m willing to throw out the last 8 bytes of each sector on the source drive. How can I do this?”
A. With a simple little C program that uses our Developers Toolbox library. A basic GUI that lets the user enter the address of the source and destination drives, and lets you specify a block range to copy if you don’t want to copy the whole enchilada. How about something to show progress as the copy chugs along? Something like this:
Want the source code and project files (Microsoft Visual Studio C++ v 6) – get it here:
Did You Know …that you can record and playback command sequences…
With version 7.0 of the SCSItoolbox Suite you can record and playback command sequences! This functionality is incredible, and to-date is unique to the business.
To view this amazing functionality in action, please review this training video here! http://www.scsitoolbox.com/training/videos/BAM_Sequence.asp