DotHill Corporate License Announcement
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Congratulations to DotHill employees, who now have unlimited access to the SCSItoolbox Suite of products. DotHill has specifically requested a Disk Manufacturing test be developed using our Developer Toolbox shared library under Linux. DotHill employees will also be utilizing hundreds of Linux and Windows licenses, all of which are available to them via their Corporate License Agreement (CLA).
Dot Hill Systems Corp. (NASDAQ:HILL) is a leader in the innovative design and delivery of storage networking solutions to channel partners worldwide. Founded in 1999 through the merger of two data storage innovators, Artecon and Box Hill, the company has nearly two decades of expertise in designing and implementing storage solutions.
ADIC Corporate License Announcement
Tuesday, September 14, 2004
SCSI Toolbox LLC is pleased to announce a corporate license agreement with Advanced Digital Information Corporation (ADIC). ADIC will use the SCSItoolbox Suite to qualify drives, libraries, help engineering, field service, RMA, and much more. The agreement also includes development of an End-User Tool which will ship with ADIC libraries to help install and troubleshoot the libraries and drives. To learn more about STB End-User Tools click here.
ADIC has utilized the Developer Toolbox for nearly two years in manufacturing and new product test. The Corporate license will allow them to expand their testing capabilities, add new test stations, expand to include Linux, and support new product lines.
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (ADIC) is a provider of intelligent storage solutions for the open systems marketplace. It designs, markets, sells and supports hardware and software products that help a range of business and governmental organizations manage, access, and protect their large-scale data. The Company’s principal products are organized into three categories: automated tape libraries, data management software and disk-based data protection solutions. ADIC distributes its products globally, primarily through value-added resellers, distributors and original equipment manufacturers. It also sells directly to certain end users. End users of the Company’s products represent a variety of industries, including the technology, financial/services, commercial/industrial and telecommunications/entertainment industries, and range from mid-size businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
What is a Corporate License, and is it right for your company?
A SCSItoolbox Suite Corporate License consists of the following products and features:
• SCSItoolbox32 – The industry’s most advanced and widely used testing suite. In use world-wide since 1992, the SCSItoolbox encompasses every tool that you need to test, troubleshoot, configure, and diagnose any SCSI, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SATA, ATAPI, or SAS device. read more here
• Developer Toolbox – The Developer Toolbox uses our proven interface to access SATA, SAS, iSCSI, SCSI, Fibre Channel, or ATAPI devices from Visual Basic or C++ running on all 32 bit versions of Windows. Linux support using shared library! read more here
• Tape Manufacturing Module – The Tape Manufacturing Module is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest tape testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening and testing tool. read more here
• Disk Manufacturing Module – The Disk Manufacturing Module (DMM) is the easiest to use, most versatile, and fastest disk testing product on the market. A true multi-threaded, multiple host bus adapter, multi-drive screening and testing tool. read more here
• Protocol Control Control (PC2) – The PC2 software from SCSI Toolbox, LLC brings a new level of parallel SCSI protocol control to your test environment. Designed in cooperation with LSI Logic to work with their Fusion-MPT™ Message Passing Interface technology, PC2 allows all negotiated parameters to be displayed or set for all devices connected to any SCSI Host Bus Adapter based on the LSI53C1030 chip set. PC2 also provides the means to generate hardware SCSI bus resets.
• Performa – Upgrades and support for SCSItoolbox Suite as well as priority for new product development and enhancements. read more here
• Product Customization – Allocated hours for product customization and enhancements tailored for your companies special and specific needs.
• Onsite Training – Onsite training covering HDD and Tape/Library Manufacturing/Drive Screening, Engineering, RMA, Field Service and more.
If your company currently utilizes or can utilize multiple copies of the SCSItoolbox Suite or any of the individual modules, you’re probably a good candidate for a Corporate or Site license.
For more information on a CLAs or Site Licenses, please contact STB Sales today. Call 480.600.9595 or Contact Sales
Ask Dr. SCSI – “ How can I test my disk drives in a worst-case stress test?”
Q. “ How can I test my disk drives in a worst-case stress test?”
A. By using the new Advanced Options in the Disk Manufacturing Module you can stress your drives till they cry for their mama!
Just define a test sequence like this:
- Random data pattern with block overlay
- Random length data transfers
- Data compare on read checked
- In Advanced Options Check the FUA on Write/Read/Verify commands, and check Set FUA
The FUA (force unit access) option will force every read or write to access the disk media instead of using the drives cache, causing maximum physical movement within the drive, which equals maximum stress on the disk drive.
Did you know… you can isolate datapath problems?
The Cable Integrity test can isolate datapath problems? This test was specifically designed to do worst-case data pattern testing at high speeds to stress the datapath and reveal any cable, termination, or backplane problems. To run this test just go to the Disk->Tests->Cable Integrity test menu.